Led By: Sue Bennett
Date(s) - 10/03/2012 - 11/03/2012
Holiday Inn, Stratford upon Avon
Cost: Two day workshop £230
CPD Hours: 14 hours
Included: Tea/Coffee, Lunch and workbook are provided CPD Hours
Dress Code: Loose, comfortable, smart
Shoulder pain and shoulder girdle pain and dysfunction are becoming increasingly common with a prevalence of 15% to 25% of the 40-50 age group.
With an increasingly aging population, who remain active into advancing years, degeneration can be significant in rotator cuff injuries.
Work related shoulder girdle pain and dysfunction is on the increase due to the volume of office/desk based employment. With many shoulder disorders it is the soft tissue tendons and joint capsule that are the root of the pain and dysfunction.
Aims of the workshop
- Anatomy review
- Reviewing treatment processes
- Exploring the understanding of chronic shoulder pain
- Looking in to muscle imbalance can impact on acute/chronic shoulder pain
- Deepening knowledge of assessment
- Broadening the understanding of applying METs to acute shoulder conditions
- Introducing Hendrickson Method strokes to realign muscle
- To have developed greater knowledge in treating patients from their position of comfort
- Extending knowledge of the impact of the synergist involvement in shoulder pain
- Have a greater confidence in treating people who are afraid of their pain
- Extended understanding of knowledge in applying muscle energy technique to acute and chronic shoulder pain
- Understanding the role muscle imbalance plays in shoulder pain
- To be able to confidently apply Hendrickson Method strokes
Terms and Conditions
- These Conditions shall apply to all bookings for courses with us and shall prevail over any other purported terms and conditions.
- The deposit paid when booking a course reserves your place on that course and the balance of the fees shall be paid not later than one week prior to the course.
- Course fees and places are personal to the person named on the booking and they are not transferable.
- In order to cover our administrative costs the deposit is non-refundable.
- We shall use all reasonable endeavours to provide the courses, and to deliver them as advertised, on the dates specified.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable modifications to the content and delivery of the courses.
- We shall have no liability in the event that for any reason beyond our reasonable control (i) we are prevented from, or delayed in providing any course or we are forced to reschedule or cancel a course (if for example there is insufficient enrolment) or (ii) we are prevented from procuring the attendance of third party contributors.
- These Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Bookings are closed for this event.